Saturday 9: Sharing Your Blog Habit
1. How long have you been blogging? Since February 15, 2006. An angel came to me in a vision and said, “On this day forward, let there be blog.” Of course, in my vision the angel was drunk as a skunk. (How much do skunks drink? And have you ever seen one strolling into a bar?)
2. How often do you post on your blog? While we’ve done stretches of 7 days a week, we average five. We appreciate that you didn’t ask about our “good” posts.
3. How did you start? I think by typing some words. Actually my son James designed the WTIT.net website. When it was done I asked, “What the fuck is a blog?” He smiled and said, “I think you’ll like it.” Now I am a blogoholic. Great idea, James.
4. Have you made good blogging friends? Yes. And some not-so-nice. And while the good way out weigh the bad, some folks just have to be a jackass, It doesn’t have much to do with the fact that they write a blog. I am sure meeting them wouldn’t make them less of an ass, in fact the reverse would probably be true.
5. Have you talked to someone on the phone you met through blogging? Three. Mimi of Mimi Writes (Our Lady of the Globes), once to Vinny Bond of Big Leather Couch, and a woman who felt her mission was to stir it up. The latter falls into that jackass category.
6. Have you met anyone from your blogging? Just Mimi. I have not been asked by anyone else to meet them. But, you have read my blog. Who the fuck would want to meet me?
7. Have you had a crush on anyone you have not met? Crush? Please. What are we in first grade? Sam, did Lola write this question?
8. Have you had a romance with someone you have met? Most know that is a yes. And while we are no longer a couple, we are still friends. From what I understand, it happens a lot.
9. Do you suspect you get comments from someone interested in you? No. I don’t think that means anything. Usually if someone is interested you receive off line contact. I am a bright, attractive and quite humorous guy. I am also very single and have advertised for a new girlfriend. And I have yet to receive one decent offer. (I did receive 2 indecent offers, which I will always cherish, but they were too long to drive to.) Of course, when you expect to meet your next girlfriend by simply waiting for her to stop by to knock on our door, there is bound to be glitches in your master plan. I am tough (and a tad nuts), so maybe today will be the day that I’ll be swept off my rather large feet. I know you’re out there somewhere. Email me. That ought to get things started! Gotta go. Time to check my email!
We hope that when we come back
that you will be here.
We will return here on
WTIT Tape Radio: The Blog.
But, you don't have to pinky swear
to join us or anything like that.
(And we don't take attendence.)
Same time. Same Blog. Goodnight, Sam.