Cheers to all us THIEVES!!
The Wishing Meme:
Dawn wrote: The rules are simple, all you have to do is to thoughtfully consider the following, and choose one item for each of the categories below. (Be sure to describe your reasons for choosing).
1) One religious work from a non-familiar tradition you’ll read? I have always thought that I should know more about the Mormons. Let’s face it. Polygamy is a brilliant concept. For some odd reason, I think that might work for me.
2) One song that you like–from your ‘least likely to listen to’ genre? The Beer Barrel Polka. When I was young I was kidnapped by a group of Polish DJs and forced to listen to Polkas for an hour every Sunday. OK so I wasn’t kidnapped and I was paid to engineer their show before I went on the air at WMLO. But it seemed like being tortured. Not quite water boarding but really close.
3) A book from a genre you almost never read, that you have read, or you will read (promise!)? I have never read a book on blogging. So I will go with: Multi-personality Disorders: Writing Separate Blogs for Each One by Pauline Polistein.
4) Somewhere you’d never thought to go on holiday/vacation, and why it might be fun to go there? Club Heathen. At this place it is all about you. And lots of scantily clad women. I always thought that my basic sense of morality and true belief in core feminist values would keep me away. But as I have gotten older I think I feel “fuck those pesky morals and values.”
5) A specific food you’ve never tried, but will because of this meme, honest!? I guess I can go with frog legs here. I mean really, why not eat the whole damn frog? It isn’t at all like chicken wings. With chicken you can eat the perfect Buffalo wing and later eat the rest of the chicken. With frogs, not so much. And since when have memes gotten so fucking pushy? “Because of this meme” I will promise to what? Let’s face it. Memes are just a lazy blogger’s way to “write a post with no thought” sort of thing. This one thinks it has created a new religion.
6) A sport or game you really hate, or haven’t tried yet, but are willing to give a go at? I have never participated in a foursome. Well, technically that is not totally true since I played so much golf in the 80’s. But is a spiritual sense with three women, that is what sport I have not played. Because of this meme I will, I'll even swear. Fuck.
7) A style of dance you probably won’t try (we won’t make you promise on this one)? The Macarena. I don’t like the song or the dance. Now bring on the chicken dance. That’s the ticket. Oh and a big fucking "Thanks" for not making me promise.
8) A career job you don’t feel you’re suited for, and why? I love a meme that thinks it can have you view another’s choice of career and say, “I’d never do that lame and bullshit job.” So in that spirit, I will pick bull fighter. But only because the fucking bulls deserve better. (Wow. It is not like me to take the morally high ground.)
9) What is it that you will dare to wear which you have never worn before? My Klingon outfit. Sure, I’ve worn it on Halloween. But I have never gone bowling in it. So, because of this fucking meme (at least I’m getting the swearing part down) I will wear my Klingon outfit and go bowling.
10) If there’s one thing in life you wanted to do, and will do because of this meme, what will it be? So far I’ve vowed a foursome, to become a Mormon (or at least read their lame ass book), do the chicken dance, bowl looking like Worf, eat frog’s legs or was it Buffalo wings and you want more from me? OK, here goes. How about a blogging convention? Mimi can bring half her face (But don't cook anything and bring it. I'm begging you!), Dawn can talk Newfie (sorry I don’t remember that spelling), Bond can cuddle with darlin’ Nancy, Jacqui can video tape it, Starrlight can work with Vinny on the music, Frank can sell art in the corner, Gale Martin can actually write another post, Anndi can use her luggage again, Turnbaby can do her show live from wherever we do this, Epiphany can show off my gorgeous grandchildren, Linda can dispatch for the help we will need, Sandee can do stand up, Sanni can show us little Lily and Captain Luis, Ann can either show a movie clip or ask yet another Tuesday’s Question (and it won’t matter what day it is since she varies that a lot) Lori can do more interviews, and Lizza can get drunk and dance. Now while I am sure I missed a ton of my friends, this answers needs to come in for a landing. See you all at the convention. I’ll bring the booze.
We promise a an incredible post next time.
Well maybe not incredible. But credible.
After today we hope you will still read
The WTIT Blog.
Thanks if you survived long
enough to read this today.
We will return. Unless they pull the plug on us.
Same time. Same blog.
Same time. Same blog.